Friday, May 28, 2010

Snowballs in Hell...I'm "Reviewing" a Movie

This is a bit of a departure, I know, but I have to say how much I love a movie. I had initially never planned to watch the movie, thinking it was too much of a chick flick. But then a trailer made me laugh, so I thought, Why not?

I just finished watching Julie & Julia. I completely loved it! Why? I can't really say...it's a general feeling, really. Mostly, I think, it's that I see myself in Julie and Julia. I love the absolute certainty of cooking, like Julie. I love cooking--the more people I'm cooking for, the better. And like Julia...well, I suppose maybe I flatter myself by seeing a lot of Julia in myself. And in many ways, I see some of the not-so-great characteristics of Julie in me, too.

But I identified with the movie, and I loved it. In so many ways, it was familiar, but touching and hopeful, too.

And the portrayals of Julia and Paul made me cry. The personalities and the relationship come through as absolutely touching. Every time they were shown on screen, I saw a wonderful couple.

All in all, see the movie if you haven't already. I laughed. I cried. It was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment