Monday, January 12, 2009

Hell Freezes Over?

To borrow a line from my husband, "zomg, a blog! I haz eevuhl powers!"

For several years, I've told people that I would never blog because I wasn't interested in telling others about my life. Or I didn't have the time to write a blog. And certainly, no one would want to read my blog even if I wrote one.

But since we bought our house, I've written several interesting emails and been encouraged to keep them coming. Maybe somewhere along the line, this will lead to a book, but for now, it's the easiest way for me to document our success (or failure) with the garden, our failure (or maybe success) with canning the bounty of our harvest, our wildlife encounters, and--best of all for you lucky fans out there--our ongoing war with the mice.

In the next couple of weeks, I'll get posted here what I've written about regarding our experiences in going back to the land--but in a totally respectable, non-hippy, non-New Agey (okay, maybe a LITTLE New-Agey) way. We'll start there and see where that takes us.

But for now, a brief update:

  • Stringham high: The mouse war had 4 casualties (M says 7); M is reemployed after a brief stint with unemployment; I'm watching M "dance" to a Wii game about crazy rabbits, and boy, is he goofy!
  • Stringham low: Once again, a baby Stringham has decided to pass on our invitation to hang out with me for about 9 months.
  • Stringham super-high: We received for Christmas (1) many, many books on gardening, natural pest control, and everything we could ever want to know about living like pioneers; (2) a large freezer (a few months early, but it was for Christmas); (3) a huge tool box; and (4) a FoodSaver. I don't remember the last time I was so excited on Christmas day. I was giddy. (Yeah, I'm a complete weirdo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment